Sunday 15 January 2017

Disaster averted and back on track - for about an hour

It was Saturday yesterday: weight day.

Even with the disaster that was last Tuesday - following on from a less than calorifically parsimonious weekend - I was quietly confident.

I'd had a crafty shot on the scales on Friday morning and things were looking good. So, when 7am on Saturday came around and I hopped on: 11 st 11 lb 0 oz. A 2 lb drop since last Saturday.

Now, I'm not suggesting that I somehow managed to lose two pounds in a week given the numbers I've posted in my food diaries; the numbers don't really add up.

What I will say though, is that possibly this just is a plus point for the strategy of rounding up and over-estimating those calories that I write down. That, and underestimating the exercise. Not that I'm secretly off going to the gym and hitting the rowing machine for an hour a day.

What I write is what I do.

What I don't do these days though is net those off my daily calorie total, nor do I include all the incidental little walks and bits and pieces.

Clearly, all those rounding errors make a difference...

Next though, was to come a day of going out for lunch for my mum's birthday, followed by a child-free evening of probably cake and wine-based indulgence in front of a film.

And an indulgence it turned out to be...

Day 12 - 5550 calories

Breakfast
1x thick slice bread and butter (200 kcal.)
2x slices buttered toast (250 kcal.)
3x eggs, scrambled (300 kcal.)
Smoked salmon (200 kcal.)
Lunch
Steak pie, chips and veg (1200 kcal.)
3x pints bitter (700 kcal.)

Dinner
2x sea bass fillets, potatoes and veg (400 kcal.)
2x beers (400 kcal.)
Bottle wine (700 kcal)
2x bread and butter puddings with double cream (1200 kcal.)

Exercise
25m walking

Day 13 - 2900 calories

Breakfast
4x cups tea (100 kcal.)
Slice buttered toast (150 kcal.)

Lunch
Smoked salmon (200 kcal.)
Cream cheese (400 kcal.)
Toast (200 kcal.)

Snack
Almond croissant (350 kcal.)
2 slices toast with chocolate spread (400 kcal.)

Dinner
Chicken breast (250 kcal.)
Potatoes (150 kcal.)
Slice of bread and butter (150 kcal.)
Bowl of ice cream (350 kcal.)
Beer (200 kcal.)

Exercise
Not much, really. A couple of 10 minutes strolls to the shops.
Oh, and back to the weights after 4 rest days...
3x sets bicep curls

Summary
A mixed bag I suppose this weekend. The good news is I lost a couple of pounds this week, the bad is that I celebrated by hitting the calories in style this weekend. Still, five days of discipline can make next Saturday another positive on the scales experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment