Sunday 12 March 2017

The work trip diet holiday

I did start the week with the best of intentions. Well, obviously that's not quite true given the amount I ate on Saturday and Sunday, but I had planned for last week to be a diet week. However, that turned out not to be the case. Much as when I was sitting in Bella Italia with my family a couple of weeks ago, I realised that I could make the most of this one and not worry about the weight - I was away in France for work for a few days.

To go to France - where I haven't been in over ten years - and not maximise the food and wine opportunities would have been a waste. Time for another diet holiday.

The trip started quite respectably, a couple of protein bars on the train down to Stevenage, and I'd made it to Luton airport (I refuse to call it London Luton, it's just not. It's Luton) on 600 or so calories by 2.30 pm. And then the inevitable: the (most recent) French air traffic control strike meant a delay of nearly two hours.

What do you do in an airport for a couple of hours when you meet a few new people who are heading out on the same trip as you? You have a few beers.

In some ways, that made things easier, when that happened I realised that there was really no point in trying to hit a target that week, and eating out always makes it a bit harder to try and keep track of what the calorie numbers are anyway, so the decision was swiftly made to take another break.

After the weigh-in success of the previous Saturday and the taking stock of where I was after being on this diet for two months, I didn't really mind. Again, the whole point of the diet is to give me a sensible baseline weight so that I can go wild and eat and drink myself silly every so often.

And if you're going to do it, doing it in France is a pretty good place for it.

As of Friday (ish), I was back to counting the calories again, and as far as Saturday's go, yesterday wasn't great, but with some effort it's all to play for this week, let's see if we can be a pound or two down on the last weigh-in, not just back to where I was after a few days' indulgence.

As for today, it's probably back to Bella Italia again as I'll be away in Glasgow enjoying Jennifer Nettles and Brad Paisley at the C2C festival!

Day 67 (Friday 10th March) - 2300 calories

Breakfast
Milk (100)
2x Protein Bar (500)

Lunch
Triple chicken sandwich (650)
Snickers (250)

Dinner
Pasta, chorizo and peppers (350)
Shortbread (450)

Exercise
35m walking

Day 68 - 5450 calories

Breakfast
Milk (200)
Leftover toast (50)

Lunch
Beef olives (400)
Egg on toast (300)
Ham sandwich (200)
Shortbread (450)

Dinner
Curry and rice (500)
3x naan bread (1350)
2x beers (600)
Wine (1000)
Chocolate (400)

Exercise
100 press ups
30m walking
2 1/4m plank

Day 69 - 2500 calories

Breakfast
Milk (100)
Beef olives (400)

Lunch
Garlic bread (600)
Pizza (600)
Wine (200)

Dinner
Leftover pizza (600)

Exercise
45m walking
2m plank

Day 70 - 7000 calories

Breakfast
Ridiculous hotel buffet breakfast - I forget the details but the fry up portion included 3x black pudding, fried egg, 3x bacon, 1x hash brown, tomato and mushrooms. On top of that there were Danish pastries and a croissant with jam. There may have been more... (3500)

Dinner
Chicken tacos (800)
3x large Coronas (900)
Bottle of wine (700)
2x Tesco bread and butter puddings (800)
Single cream (300)

Exercise
45m walking
2m plank

Day 71 - 1250 calories

Lunch
5x chocolate cookies (1100)

Dinner
1x Weetabix with milk (150)

Exercise
80m walking

No comments:

Post a Comment