Sunday 19 March 2017

Back to auld claes and cold porritch

If you were to look at the graph, you might think that my diet has gone completely to hell for the last couple of weeks. You couldn't be more wring, it's done exactly what is was supposed to. I have been able to indulge - fairly significantly - and enjoy myself for a good couple of weeks, and end up weighing less than when I started this whole thing off.

In another few weeks, I'll have lost another few pounds and will be able to indulge all over again.

I'm not trying to win any prizes for losing the most weight in the shortest period of time, nor do I want to see just how light I can be. I just want to be in a position where I can drink wine and eat huge portions of curry and cakes when I want to and not have to worry about it.

Okay, I'll admit, after a good couple of days in the middle of the week, closing it out on back to back >3000 calorie days wasn't in my original script. Thursday got away from me with an event that we put on at work - with beer and pizza - and Friday I was just in that sort of mood. Still, it's the start of a new dieting week and I intend to make it a good one!

Truth be told, it probably looks quite good that the weight went up at yesterday's weigh in. My whole point about this diet is that if you take in more energy than you use, you'll put weight on. What with a couple of mid-week weigh-ins this week, if you'd seen I'd had consecutive 3000 calorie days and not put weight on, you'd probably think this whole thing was a sham.

Well, there you go. If I eat too much and don't exercise it off, I put on weight.

So where do we go from here? Down in weight hopefully. I've made it through the first challenge - Saturday (day 75 below) -  under 3000 calories. It's been a while since I've done that. If I can have a sub 2500 calorie Sunday, then I should hopefully be set up nicely for the working week, which is always a bit easier to manage in terms of snacking.

The aim is to get to the end of the week average 2200 calories a day. If I Sunday is a 2500 calorie day, that gives me a Monday to Friday energy budget of 2010 calories, which shouldn't be too challenging, particularly if I can start with a strong Monday.

One thing's for sure though, with 2000 calories a day allowed, there will be plenty of space for cookies and doughnuts. Good stuff.

Day 75 - 2850 calories

Breakfast
Milk (100)
Poached eggs and ham on toast (350)
Toast (150)

Lunch
Venison grillsteak and carrots (300)
2x Jaffa cake bar (200)

Dinner
Beef stew (500)
Wine (350)
Beer (200)
Sticky toffee pudding (400)
Cream (300)

Exercise
60m walking

Day 76 - 4000 calories (so much for the 2500 calorie day...)

Breakfast
Milk (100)
Hot cross bun (400)

Lunch
Stew (400)
Ham sandwich (250)
Bread (100)

Afternoon tea
Mum's home baking - Damn you!!! - (1700)

Dinner
Wine (350)
Stew (400)
Toast (300)

Exercise
75m walking

Day 77 - 1900 calories

Breakfast
Weetabix (250)

Lunch
5x ham sandwiches (900)

Dinner
Venison grillsteak and carrots (250)
Doughnut balls (300)
Wine (200)

Exercise
(40m walking)

Day 78 - 1500 calories

Breakfast
Toast (100)
Jaffa cake bar (100)

Lunch
5x ham sandwiches (650)

Dinner
Stew (400)
Beer (250)

Exercise
75m walking

Day 79 - 2200 calories

Breakfast
Poached egg on toast (200)
Jaffa cake bar (100)

Lunch
5x jam doughnuts (1150)
2x ham sandwiches (300)
  
Dinner
Yum yum (350)
Sausages (100)

Exercise
45m walking
1x 2m plank
1x 2.25m plank


No comments:

Post a Comment